Description Job Description:
Leidos has a career opportunity for a Senior Field Service Engineer (FSE) / Team Lead, that requires about 50% travel, to work out of Fort Shafter, Honolulu, HI.
This position will support the Radio Frequency In-Transit Visibility (RF-ITV) program as a Senior Field Service Engineer (FSE) / Team Lead. This is an opportunity to use your Information Technology experience, troubleshooting, and Leadership skills to guide and mentor a team of OCONUS FSEs. In this mission we support the US Army, Program Executive Office Enterprise Information System (PEO EIS) Logistics Information Systems (LIS) organization in maintaining and expanding the technological infrastructure, the largest in the world, which provides in-transit tracking of military cargo as it moves through the Defense Transportation System (DTS).
- Must have an active Secret security clearance.
- In this position, you will have FSE responsibilities for various RF-ITV sites in Hawaii and Alaska, and additionally, will serve as the Team Technical and Administrative Lead for a small group of OCONUS FSEs whose area of responsibility covers sites throughout INDOPACOM.
- Provide oversight and responsibility for RF-ITV read nodes within area of responsibility ensuring individuals and the team meets an Operational Readiness (OR) Rate of 95%.
- As the team technical lead, serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in applying in-depth technical knowledge of active RFID wave propagation and understanding of ISO 18000-7 Over-the-Air protocol, collaborating with other SMEs to discuss and validate solution ideas.
- Serve as primary liaison between INDOPACOM stakeholders and program leadership, briefing stakeholders regularly on program purpose and progress and alerting program leadership to developing issues and opportunities throughout the area of responsibility.
- Monitor and manage team response to outages, ensuring application of proper troubleshooting techniques, efficient use of site points of contact, cost effective travel, and status is updated in the Integrated Support System (ISS) tool.
- Monitor and manage team's quarterly preventive maintenance schedule, ensuring cost effective travel, timely status updates in ISS, and quality of deliverable maintenance reports.
- Monitor and manage all team's assigned survey, install, de-install and training missions, ensuring they are properly coordinated with customers, statused in ISS, and completed in a timely manner, including travel approval and quality of deliverable reports in ISS.
- Train new FSEs, and mentor FSE team to ensure FSE Standard Operating Procedure, and all program, Leidos and customer policies are understood and followed.
- Monitor team progress and compliance with monthly asset inventory reconciliation, ensuring team compliance with 100% Service Level Objective goal, as well as other taskings from program leadership.
- Design, install, upgrade, replace, and maintain RFID hardware and software to integrate RFID nodes into the local military commands' networks and ensure interoperability/sustainability.
- Independently coordinate and perform Global Operations missions to include site surveys, installations, site deinstallations, formal classroom training, and informal military exercise training, and provide customer-ready deliverable reports upon completion.
- Independently coordinate and perform quarterly preventive maintenance, and respond to system outages, resolving problems within the time specified in Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); record all progress in ISS Service Management Ticket (SMTs).
- Master's Degree and 10+ years of applicable experience, or Bachelor's Degree with 12+ years of applicable experience
- Experience briefing Government customers and stakeholders
- Experience managing a small technical team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Current driver's license, own vehicle and able to drive continuously for up to four hours.
- Must be able to climb a ladder or ascend at least 25 feet in a lift (bucket) truck.
- Possess intermediate computer skills and knowledge such as operating and troubleshooting hardware and software.
- Must possess at least a DoD Directive 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II (such as CompTIA Security+ CE) certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Remote Management Software, Windows 10 and Antivirus Software.
- Experience working with/briefing INDOPACOM stakeholders such as USARPAC, INDOPACOM leadership, US Forces-Japan, and US Forces-Korea.
- In-depth knowledge of INDOPACOM logistics policies and processes, and customers.
- Ability to lead, train, and mentor a small team of OCONUS field service engineers utilizing superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prior experience installing, upgrading and/or replacing RFID hardware and software to include Field Data Units (FDUs), fixed and handheld interrogators, Iridium modems, and various versions of RFID Read and Write software.
- Familiarity with the MicroFocus (formerly Serena) Solutions Business Manager (SBM) software.
External Referral EligiblePay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline onlyand not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.