Location:195 Church Street - New Haven, Connecticut 06510
JOB BRIEF (PURPOSE)
Focuses on acquisition of new healthcare clients and expanding share of wallet of existing client portfolio of businesses with annual sales from $ $3 to $20 million. Utilizes a robust network of local healthcare centers of influence in the market that can be leveraged into profitable relationships. Maintains strategic relationships with all Key lines of business in order to effectively refer business and leverage partnerships to deepen and enrich the client experience. Working as the trusted advisor, manages the client relationship by selling and promoting a broad array of appropriate financial products and services, providing pertinent financial information and expertise to clients in the healthcare space, and identifying/referring cross-marketing opportunities. Acts as a subject matter expert in healthcare, staying actively engaged with trends impacting providers, payors, and suppliers. Researches and fully understands competitors' strengths/weaknesses and product offerings/pricing.
The role of the Senior Business Banking Relationship Manager Healthcare (Sr. BBRM Healthcare) is to develop new and expand existing healthcare client relationships by consistently delivering the BB value proposition (clients bank at Key because their business is understood, their time is valued, and solutions are provided to simplify their lives).
The Sr. BBRM Healthcare will be responsible for functions that align with the Key Sales Process and Consultative Sales Process Framework (Opportunity Management, Needs Assessment, Present/Pitch, Fulfillment, and Follow Up) in daily work to create a positive Client Experience. This includes:
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of products and services as well as knowledge of competitors and competitive products.
- Employs a disciplined approach to prospecting; documents calling efforts.
- Maintain a pipeline book of business with total relationship revenue value ranging from $1M-$2M in revenue, bringing at least 8 new clients to the bank each year
- Impacts district referral pipeline via established internal and external centers of influence.
- Actively participates in Community organizations to source business development opportunities and demonstrate Key's commitment to the local community.
- Proactively provides client solutions by contacting leads identified in the Desktop.
- Maintains a current comprehensive understanding of client's needs, based on the review and analysis of personal and business financial data gathered through Relationship Reviews, the Desktop and personal meetings.
- Delivers distinctive service by completing annual relationship reviews with all "focus" clients.
- Brings other Key business partners to the table to deepen the relationship focused on an enterprise healthcare approach.
- Promotes and cross-markets products and services to clients by keeping clients informed of products, services, special promotions, and provides appropriate financial solutions via consultative review and proactive contact.
- Target client will be large solo, or group healthcare practice focused as M.D., D.D.S., O.D., D.V.M., or other related specialties. Clients will typically have a moderate to high number of operating companies, subsidiaries and locations; complex real estate structure needs, moderate number of guarantors; moderate to high level of credit covenants; ongoing complex portfolio requirements with needs to mitigate risk by up or downgrading credit and structuring needs of facilities
- Conduct highly complex credit conversations with Owners, Practice Administrators, CFOs and/or CEOs at target organizations, giving them confidence that we understand the complexities of their healthcare business; confidentially and effectively bring needs to the Credit group
- Makes joint calls, and helps to mentor less experienced BBRMs who are focusing on healthcare to enhance their selling skills and uncover consumer opportunities.
- Act as a healthcare SME to local, and other regional Business Banking teams; assisting in business development activities such as COI development, marketing KeyBank's healthcare brand through regional conferences, engagements with opportunities as panelist, speaker, and content contributor. Additionally, assist with deal structuring and pricing as may be required.
- Actively listens to concerns, presents a clear concise picture and provides the client with a targeted solution to close the sale.
- Functions as client's credit sponsor with Business Service Center to facilitate the underwriting process and credit approval.
- Ensures that new customer relationships consistently meet all compliance requirements; ensures all documents with loan are completed, correct and sent with loan documentation; works to resolve all loan document exceptions; understands how and why an exception occurred.
- Aggressively grows and maintains a profitable book of business by successfully closing deals to meet or exceed individual and District revenue, contribution margin, fee income, loans and deposit goals.
- Typically will manage a client base comprised of 50+ clients with general revenue of over $14K+ in revenue per client to the bank
- Ensures ongoing contact with new clients to enhance client's initial experience with Key
MARGINAL OR PERIPHERAL FUNCTIONS
Acts as a mentor to Core Business Banking RMs and/or new Sr. team members across multiple teams.
Provides feedback to corporate partners regarding new product development for healthcare banking, or other strategic healthcare initiative being considered.
Collaborate with regional Middle Market Healtchare RMs in shared segment and business space; grow the client relationship up market and transition clients to other lines of business as needed or mandated by the business
- Undergraduate degree in business/related field or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years' experience in a comparable or skill transferrable role focused in healthcare.
- Five to seven years commercial lending experience.
- Five plus years demonstrated sales and business development experience with proven results.
- Well established, deeply rooted local/regional COI network in healthcare
- Strong customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- In depth knowledge of financial products and banking regulations.
- Demonstrated experience with and broad understanding of personal and commercial financial statements.
- Proven experience with and comprehensive understanding of commercial lending and small business operations.
- Proficient in personal computer applications.
- Action Oriented: Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
- Business Acumen: Knows how healthcare businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, legislation, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with and gains their trust and respect.
- Presentation Skills: Is effective in a variety of formal presentation settings; one-on-one, small and large groups and public speaking, with peers, direct reports, and bosses; is effective both inside and outside the organization, on both cool data and hot and controversial topics; commands attention and can manage group process during the presentation; can change tactics midstream when something isn't working.
- Process Management: Good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done; knows how to organize people and activities; understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow; knows what to measure and how to measure it; can see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't; can simplify complex processes; gets more out of fewer resources.
- Drives for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Negotiating: Can negotiate skillfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other protected category.
Qualified individuals with disabilities or disabled veterans who are unable or limited in their ability to apply on this site may request reasonable accommodations by emailing .
KeyCorp is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to engaging a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.