Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Technician Team Lead, supporting multiple US Navy programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos' High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and "game changing" trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is responsible for leading a team of technicians in the fabrication and installation of computer based US Navy Training systems. Candidates are required to have a construction background sufficient to assess building renovation work and to guide the installation of what are essentially mini-data centers. The duties of this position include:
* Design, plan, schedule, and lead a team of technicians through Trainer build-ups and installations
* Develop required US Navy trainer installation documentation
* Brief installation plans and schedule to US Navy sponsors and external stakeholders
* Assist with packing and shipping activities for large trainer deliveries
* Provide team with senior level experience and guidance to inspect, troubleshoot, and fix electronic cabinet assemblies. Run and install cabling connecting the various elements of the trainer as part of installations
* Have a basic understanding of applicable building codes and HVAC load determinations
* Use various power tools in the course of trainer installations
* Provide first level supervision and management for a small team of experienced technicians
This position also assists the warehouse manager with the receipt of new hardware; logging hardware into the inventory control system; inventory control of all incoming/outgoing hardware and ensure that all hardware is properly logged as to its final disposition. This position requires good organization skills, and the ability to apply this skill to ensure that our warehouse area is maintained in a professional and functional condition.
A significant amount of travel may be required to trainer sites and will account for up to 20% of the job.
AA degree in electronic technology or equivalent. Experience as a Navy ET, ST or FT may be substituted for the education requirement.
* Must have 10+ years of applicable technical and supervisory experience and be able to demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
* Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
* Proficient with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project) is required.
* Experience with Linux
* Experience with Atlassian Products
* Previous Navy (or other service) experience
* Autocad or Visio experience
* Knowledge of audio systems
* Experience operating and maintaining secure IT systems
External Referral EligiblePay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00